Dane County received a Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (WDATCP) agricultural clean sweep grant award for 2014. This grant underwrites our disposal costs so there will be no cost to farmers to dispose of agriculturally-related and household wastes through the Dane County Clean Sweep program in 2014, and agricultural businesses will pay only one-half the normal business cost to dispose of agriculturally-related waste materials.
Agricultural chemicals are accepted by appointment only. See the "Make an Appointment" section below.
Appointments are available Monday-Fridays.
The Agricultural Hazardous Waste Disposal Program
Because Dane County received a DATCP ag grant for 2014, agri-businesses will be charged only one-half of the full small business charge for the disposal of agriculturally-related waste.
Items acceptable under the Agricultural Clean Sweep
- Unused, damaged, cancelled, banned, or otherwise unwanted agricultural chemicals, including herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, rodenticides, and wood preservatives.
- Common pesticides such as 2,4-D, captan, malathion, DDT, parathion, toxaphene, chlordane, heptachlor, lindane, 2,4,5-T, and pentachlorophenol.
- Other agricultural chemicals including veterinary supplies, lead paint, acid washes, wood finishes, solvents, and engine cleaners.
- Explosives, including detonators and blasting caps
- Radioactives, including smoke alarms
- Infectious and biological wastes
- Propane cylinders. Certain compressed gas cylinder will be accepted; however, you must pre-register to determine whether or not your particular cylinder is acceptable. There are no exceptions to this rule.
How to Transport Materials to Clean Sweep
Products and materials should be packaged to keep them from spilling or breaking on the way to Clean Sweep. Leave materials in their original containers. DO NOT MIX like or unlike materials together. Leaking containers may be placed, as is, in another container. Label the outside container.
Make an Appointment
Appointments are available Tuesdays-Fridays.
If you'd like to set up an appointment to bring in your hazardous waste, please fill out our online registration form. If you have questions about the program or if you are unsure whether you qualify, you can find answers in the registration form or by leaving a message for Clean Sweep Staff at 608-838-3212 (Phone), 608-267-3105 (fax), or email Carroll.email@example.com.